If you run a business, there is a lot on your plate. That is why successful entrepreneurs are also successful time managers.
Time management goes beyond to-do lists and planners. Even if you hate using those things, there are still things you can do to get more done in less time. Here are three ninja tips that will get you going in the right direction.
First, find out how you spend your time right now.
The best way to do this is by recording your thoughts, conversations and activities for a week. This gives you an accurate sense of how much of your time is productive and how much of it is unproductive.
Second, apply the 80/20 rule.
The 80/20 rule says that 20% of your actions create 80% of your results. If you want to use your time efficiently, figure out what your 20% is and have other people take care of the other 80%.
And third, focus on the beginning of the day.
We waste the most time getting started with our days. Once we get going, it is easy to keep going – momentum carries us through.
Therefore, if you want to be more productive, then make it easy to get some momentum going early in the day.
That could mean exercising before work to set the tone for the day, or even giving yourself a hard deadline to complete something before lunch.
If you apply these three tips, then your productivity will skyrocket. You will get more done and you will do higher-quality work.
In addition, you will give yourself more free time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. All good outcomes, I would say!